Wednesday, June 3, 2009

06-(01-02)-09

06-(01-02)-09
Dixie is packing and getting ready to head to North Carolina to visit Tara and Chris. We meet up with Ken and Mardi H. and they come over for a drink and then we are off to dinner at All Stars Italian and American Restaurant on Fish Hawk Blvd. This is not a sports bar(Thank God), this is good Italian food with about 4 TVs in the place. We start with a pitcher of homemade Sangria and a Blue moon and a draft miller lite. The lasagna is loaded with ground beef and veal and cheeses, just the right amount of pasta to seperate the layers, BETTER than mama used to make. The Farfalle Alla Pesto with bow tie pasta sundried tomatoes, peas and mushrooms in a light pesto sauce was absolutely killer, even if they did forget to add the shrimp that Ken ordered, The veal saltimbocca with proscito, mozzarella, artichoke hearts and spinach in their wine sauce over pasta, mouth watering. I got the special of the day Veal Francese, a little too heavy on the lemon and too heavy on the flour coating, good, but my stomach wishes my mouth had ordered the lasagna. Meals do not come with a salad, $2 extra, get the caesar. About $16 per meal. Beer and wine only. We do not have anything else planned so we are headed home so Dixie can finish packing. 06-02-09 I drop Dixie off at the Airport, it's 9:25. I have some of Evan and Holleys stuff in the back of my truck so I bring it by their place, we make plans for the Wanee Festival this weekend, who is bring what etc. So I am working on cleaning out the garage when I go inside and it seems like every smoke detector in the house is beeping, actually it is only one but it is driving me crazy.It is in Taylor's room, his door is usually closed so I can't hear it, and it has been beeping for 2 weeks, I have been trying to wait him out on changing the battery, he has been living and sleeping in the room with the Freaking beeping smoke detector and has not even THOUGHT about changing the battery. Well the door was left open and I kept hearing it, so I get the ladder, get the battery, and get busy and change the battery. While I've got the ladder out I also change the AC filters. I have not had anything for lunch and it is 5:30 so I go to Otooles Irish Pub, I take the Harley. This is the cleanest Irish Pub in the World, no smoking inside due to food being served, They have extensive outside areas with tables and another bar.They have darts, tin paneled ceiling and every Import or Domestic beer you could want. I order a bud light draft from Tonya and a cornbeef sandwich to go. A rueben but instead of their thin sliced corn beef I want the cornbeef that they serve with their dinners on the sandwich. Their thick cut of tender spicy cornbeef. They have the bangers and mash and Shepards pie but today I crave the cornbeef. Naturally it comes with sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and I want toasted rye bread. They also make homemade chips, and it also comes with a side of slaw. I ordered it to go as it was looking like rain and I wanted to get back before it hits. I load the to go in the saddlebag and I'm off. Half way home I am in the thick of it, it is pouring and it is COLD rain. The new Street Glide handles the slick road much better than my old Heritage so I feel pretty confident about riding in the rain now, I was always a little aprehensive with the old bike. I change out of my wet clothes and into dry ones and settle down to watch the TV and eat. I can tell that bike night at Dixies Dockside won't be happening tonight so my plan is no plan. See Ya Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment