Friday, May 15, 2009

05-14-09

05-14-09
I checked the rain gauge and we had 4" of rain last night, when it rains it pours. We have sold The building where Dixies office is located and have to get all the stuff out before closing on the 22nd of this month. I am always a little aprehensive about any sale until the check clears the bank, but I have been assured by Henry B. that everything is in order. After doing an extensive check list of what needs to be done we have worked up an appetite for lunch. Today we are going to Wings Gone Wild located in Regency Square. There are 2 of these places here and in South Tampa on Bay to Bay. I have had lunch there twice before, both times having good wings and good service. My first visit was right after they just opened, everything clean, neat and well new.This time our visit was not quite the same. Counters looked like they needed cleaning, it was like they clean but don't detail clean every night, and as any one who has ever run a place knows, you have to clean everyday and then continously during the day or it just builds up without you noticing (the customers notice). Don't get me wrong I have eaten at a bunch of dumps but this place is trying to be upscale.We ordered 16 wings($11.99), half mango habanero and the other half Jamaican Jerk, served with 4 pieces of short celrey and two containers of so so blue cheese. Wings were good but a 4 star heat rating next to the habanero is wrong, they are at best medium a 2, a great sweet flavor but not much heat. The Jamaican Jerk, a smokey mild heat wilh a nice tang. Nicky our server could not drag herself away from talking to someone that she knew so we didn't get any inside info. Finally Adrian saw that we were ready to check out so she took the check up for us. This could be a great place, a nice upscale beer and wine bar, nice furnishings, hip decorations and of course several TVs. Instead they are a just like any other joint slinging wings and beer. Too bad for them. I hope the one on Bay to Bay is holding up better.Two drafts and two diet cokes and 16 wings $18.96 without tip. Oh yeah they have specials on Blue Moon $4.75 for a pint, We'll be back every Blue Moon,Maybe they clean every Blue Moon, Well see. I hit a litle rain on my bike heading back home, but not enough to wash off the love bugs. I was standing on the dock when I got home looking at the River and realizing how great we have it right here in our back yard, our neighborhood. The rain is turning the yellow plants and grass to green after yesterdays rain. Now I'm sitting here getting the wanderlust again, its been almost 3 weeks and I feel it is almost time for another Road Trip. The Wanee Festival is coming soon and I am looking forward to the music and meeting new people there. I still don't have a reserved spot but I am calling the campground everyday checking on availability. Right now I have decided that if power is not available I'll do somewhere else. I'll let fate decide, Power- Go, No Power-No Go. Only time will tell. I guess I don't know what I want to do. I am one of those people that just can't relax, even when there is nothing to do I'll find something to piddle. I call my condition playdefecit, everytime I get to the point I should be relaxing I've got to do something, work hard play hard, I've been this way my whole life. I never had a vacation for more than a week untill I was 38 years old. I took 2 weeks off and finally realized I was killing myself, working my way to an early grave. When I got back to work I gave my notice. My plan was to slow down and just build a few houses a year, next thing you know I'm building one a week with my brother Jim. After a few years this got old, so we both decided to take some time off and relax and then the housing market went in the dumper, somebody was looking out for me, telling me, now's the time to do something different. I just haven't figured out what that thing is. One thing I do know, I won't be opening another bar. I like bars but not behind the counter, I want the drinking fun, side. Well I'm done rambling for now, time to go find a bar with an ice cold beer. We head over to Beer Shed and bike night has been rained out. Bill Lindsey,probably the best Elvis impersonator is playing, but not as Elvis. We drink a bucket, listen to music and then head over to Dixies Dockside. Karaoke is playing and boy does it suck, too loud, too hard rock. Got a short bucket of Ultras and talking to Joe and Kathy and Rick when Tim and Tracey come in, they are still hooked on Blue Moon, and everybody is starving so T&T pick up some Taco Bell and we head to our house for fine Taco dining and drinks. It's always good to entertain in your own house, you always FEEL at home and you don't have to drive home. Life is Good. See Ya Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment