Wednesday, May 27, 2009

05-27-09

05-27-09
OK this refrigerator shit is killing me. I figure that it must be the start capacitor, so I get one for $50 non refundable because it is an electrical part. It isn't, and it still doesn't work. Time for a new refrigerator, then it will be time for a new kitchen, I know this crap is going to spread like a cancer so stand by for a new kitchen redo if I can't fix this bastard by myself. So we go buy some more CDs from Urban Trust Bank ( jeeze, you think they were paying me with as many times I have mentioned them). So we are off to pick up Evan and Holly at the airport, they gave me 3 hours notice. We pick them up and head over to the New Whiskey Joes. The old one got tore up 3 years ago when a storm came through the Bay. They finally came up with a deal with the people that own the old Castaway on the Causeway Restaurant. It's right next to the public beach and volley ball court. So we pull up around 2 PM and we are hungry. The place is huge for a waterfront restaurant, it is on pilons suspended over the water. We are seated outside as it is a perfect day. There is a couple, that I swear is in an embrace for 1 solid hour at the waters edge. Our waitress, Carol, bring us bud lights and blue moons and we check out the menu. We started off with an appetizer of fried alligator, crispy and not chewy. I get the PoBoy, fried real grouper sandwich with american cheese on real Cuban bread and slaw on the side. Dixie the chicken salad, standard fare with the wrong type dressing on it but still good, Evan the fresh Fish tacos with chips and salsa and Holly the side salad with a bowl of Gumbo. Everything was wonderful. Good food, good weather, good friends and family. Make this you first stop in Tampa it is as close to Tampa Airport as you can get. So we drop Evan and Holly off at their motorhome that Evan keeps on the Alafia River and he gives me a blown up 8x12 picture of me flying my Cherokee 6 from the last time that I brought him up for a ride, By the way I still have not had anyone send me an email of a picture of me in one of my planes, If you have a digital photo of me in my plane please send it to me as I have none. So Kathy M. calls me up and tells me that Terry, from the old Tadpoles,and his partner Mel have opened up a new restaurant called Belly Buster Burgers so we are off to investigate. We get there and it is a good size place, new, so new they do not even have their beer license and they are giving the beer away, NICE. Christin brings us free drafts. A group of us are there and we order an array of food to try out. Chili chees dogs, chili cheese burger, bacon burger, nacho mama chicken, plain burger, and even a burger salad. They have chicken and other stuff but we all stick with the beef. All burgers are a half pound cooked the way you like it, they also have a full one pounder, beers that are $1 all the time(when they get their license in July, and their full liquor license in August). There is outside dining as well. This is Terry and Mel's 2nd Belly Buster restaurant, their first is in St Augustine, and you can bet it won't be their last. They have a 2 pound challenge, eat a 1 pound burger and 1 pound of french fries and you get a free T shirt. The burgers are juicy and vary in price between 6 and 7 bucks with fries included, I suggest that you get a side of a bowl of their home made coleslaw. So now it's off to Dixies Dockside ,and out the door we went. Dixies Dockside is slow, as it is bike night at CJs, and we finish our beer and out the door we went. Dixie is moving the stuff from the broken frig to our utility room frig and tomorrow Dixie will be getting a new frig if I can't figure it out today. See Ya Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment